Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Let's Talk Planners!

Welcome back my unicorns!!


I'm here today to discuss planners with you! As we all know the planner community is monumental, there are tons of planners out there! Filofax, Erin Condren, Franklin Covey and Plum Planner to name a few. Personally I am a Filofax gal, and A5 is my size of choice. You can find all of these planners on their respective websites and YouTube.

I am currently using an  A5 Fluero Pink Filofax. I love this planner. Its real leather, lays flat and is a beautiful bright, hot pink. I bought it online overseas in the UK, unfortunately the website no longer exists. This planner holds A LOT. Its very versatile and lovely.

As you know a Filofax is a six ring binder system; you can interchange the "guts" of the planner and make it your own. I make my own tab dividers and I've broken my planner down into 6 sections:

  • Calendar
  • Blog
  • To-Do
  • Finances
  • Notes
  • Misc


I just used scrapbook paper from a book I got at Michael's and traced the dividers that came with the planner.

My dashboard is a piece of scrapbook paper with a unicorn printed on it...go figure. it didn't print quite well, but it looks pretty good for the most part. Everytime I open my planner it makes me so happy to see my dashboard.



In my calendar section I am using the Filofax WO2P inserts. They work really well for me, I tend to write fairly big. Of course you can order inserts in different layouts and paper types on Etsy (like Kiddy QualiaChasingPlannerPeace, and AussiePlannerChick, which is something I'd like to try at some point.

I am however using calendar on two pages inserts by elizaellis. The colors are so beautiful and perfect!! They are undated, so they never go out of style.

STICKERS!


Stickers are love. Stickers are life. Seriously, I could not plan my life without stickers to look at and use while I plan. Most of my stickers are unicorns....ya know...uh not biased or anything. Stickers bring your planner to life in my opinion, it makes me want to plan because my layout becomes pretty to look at instead of just bland and white. I also use the Avery Round Color Coding Labels for things like marking payday and feeding days for my geckos. They are also removable, so you can move them around. Sweeeeet! Those shark stickers though!


Those green dots are the Avery Color Coding Dots :3




WASHI TAPE!


Washi tape is pretty awesome and you'll see it in a lot of planners, including mine. I use it very minimally. Sometimes I make flag or use them to attach something to a page, maybe accent a little, but not much. So because I don't use a lot of washi, I ordered this. Its a masking tape set that has like eighty-one sheets. They come in pre-cut strips and dots. Perfect for me!

I like to make my own bookmarks, so I made one for my blog section that I can stick sticky notes to and move around as needed.


Aaaaaannnnnndddd....its a unicorn. I'm kind of obsessed.

STICKY NOTES!

Sticky notes are a planner must. I love brainstorming and brain dumping on them. I'll make quick lists on them, doodle, ect. I made a dashboard with one of the clear, punched flyleafs that came with my planner and I've stuck some of the sticky notes from the Target Dollar Spot (which is like planner heaven btw) and they are just so pretty and bright.


So that's not everything in my planner, and I plan (<--- lol) on sharing more with you guys as we go!


I'm waiting on some magnetic bookmarks from HelloPaperCat and I'd like to go into depth with those and maybe discuss a coming up YouTube video!!

Stay Magical,


Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment